Problem with Panel thumbnails

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Problem with Panel thumbnails

Postby stuarte9 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi,

I'm currently having a problem with the enlarged thumbnails that appear over the desktop when I mouse-over an application's button on the panel.

I should state that I'm using Fedora 15 (waiting for F18 before upgrading) with its KDE desktop(4.6.5).

When I do this mouse-over, the thumbnail appears but the applications thumbnail image only appears for a split second before it disappears. The image "box" in the thumbnail then becomes a uniform gray whilst the overall thumbnail continues to be displayed. This behaviour of the image (i.e appearing then disappearing in a split second) is also exhibited when the mouse pointer is moved away from the button on the panel.

Has anyone else seen this kind of behaviour ? Does anyone know how to make the image more persistent, i.e. the image remaining displayed whilst the overall thumbnail continues to be displayed ?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give with this problem.

Stuart
stuarte9

Postby el chapulín » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:36 pm

I was until recently running KDE 4.6.5 on Slackware 13.37 on two machines and did not have this problem.

First, try creating a new user and see if that has the same problem.

Also be aware that support for Fedora 15 ended in June, thus you are not getting security updates. You should upgrade as soon as possible.
el chapulín

Postby stuarte9 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:42 am

Hi el chapulin,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry I was so long in getting back to you.

I tried what you suggested. The panel mouse-over thumbnails are even smaller in the new ordinary user account. No space at all for an image.

I doubt this is of much help. No idea why this should be different from my main(!) ordinary user account.

Best regards,

Stuart
stuarte9

Return to Help!