Suggestion for article (IPv6 & DNSSEC)

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Suggestion for article (IPv6 & DNSSEC)

Postby hans66 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:01 am

Hi

Can you run an article on IPv6? I am nowadays 100% IPv6 compliant (home, LAN, router, ISP,...). Some of the questions I struggle with: On IPv4 side, I know how to access my http & ssh server from outside. But how do I do this on IPv6? Do I have one IPv6 exposed, use port routing to inside address? Or are all my internal IPv6 also exposed to the outside? (I thought that was the deal with IPv6?). But how does that work with friendly domain names. I have only one outside URL...how can it be used to access multiple IPv6 addresses in my home....

On DNSSEC, I run a dnssec validator in chrome, but I can't find validated websites...while my modem & ISP (xs4all) are DNSSEC compliant. Worthwhile to spend an article on this?
Best Regards,
Hans
hans66

Postby Paradigm Shifter » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:19 am

That's a good suggestion. Seconded. :)
Paradigm Shifter

Postby stargateuser » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:56 am

I agree, fantastic idea.

I had my setup all IPV6 for a while, but HOW on earth do you access stuff remotely? My solution was to put all my IPs onto a text doc and cut and paste. There has to be a nicer and better way :roll:
stargateuser

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs