Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[SUGGESTION] Digital ID roundup/tutorial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmcevoy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: [SUGGESTION] Digital ID roundup/tutorial Reply with quote

I'd love to see some coverage of the state of play regarding digital ID and authentication. Username/password authentication still seems ubiquitous for websites, but there must be a better way! OpenID and client SSL are the two I have tried, but the whole concept of online identification seems surprisingly underdeveloped. I found it particularly difficult to conveniently carry my digitalID with me so that I could be 'me' whichever computer/OS I was sitting at.
OK- not Linux specific but directly relevant to a lot of readers, I would think.

PS What about some Ruby coding in the Coding Academy sometime? For me, Ruby brings back the sense of fun that used to come from writing silly stuff in BBC BASIC as a kid...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: