Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Domination <SOLVED>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsh20

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Domination <SOLVED> Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Just joined this group. Only recently started on my Linux journey with Mint 12. From the coverdisc I was interested in the "domination" game and followed the link and downloaded and extracted. Not sure what to do next. The site says the OS platforms are MS and MAC. Surely not? Any advice on how to run this?

EDIT : Many thanks. Sorted

Last edited by Marsh20 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
jonrob
Site admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

The game runs on Java, so you'll need to install it through Mint's software centre. It's probably called something like openjdk or sun-java-jdk.

Once you've done that, go to the folder you extracted from the Domination download, and right-click on the run.sh file. There should be a permissions tab, from where you can tick a box to make it executable.

Now you should be able to click on run.sh and it will launch Domination.

Hth, I don't have Mint installed so can't double check those steps! Let us know if you have any more trouble, and if I've made any mistakes hopefully somebody can correct me!
Marsh20

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonrob, Many thanks for the swift response. I'll try that this evening and let you know. Regards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: