Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linux Format DVD 155

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Linux Format DVD 155 Reply with quote

Sir,

Trying to use command line so mock folder on cover disc 155 would be good for me where do I find it (jons-home) on cover disc, is it called (jons-home) or something else.

yours Sincerely

jim
jonrob
Site admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,

Sorry, it seems we made a bit of a mistake there! The Conquer the Command line article was included on the disc as a bonus, but it was originally published in issue 151. This means that the 'jons-home' folder was included on that issue's cover disc, not the current issue.

My best suggestion is to follow along with the tutorial, but try it out on a folder and files of your own. If you're used to doing things with the GUI, I suggest you open the file manager and create a new folder, even call it jons-home if you like! And then create a series of text files inside it. You can do this by opening a text editor (like Gedit or Kate), entering a few characters and then saving the files in the folder you just created.

Sorry for the confusion, I hope you still find the article useful Smile

Jon
jonrob
Site admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, you can download the disc from that issue if you like:

http://linuxformat.com/archives?issue=151
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: