A Bit of Distro Advice

Discussion topics, Linux related - not requests for help

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Postby Spangwiches » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:55 am

Yeah I definitely want to keep AUR and pacman slightly separate so I don't get lost with what's coming from where, at least 'til I'm more familiar with things.

So aurget sounds ideal, thank you, I'll give that a pop :)
Spangwiches

Postby Spangwiches » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:49 am

Farcry,

Just got round to trying aurget and it's perfect - thank you.

One thing I'm not clear on - when I use aurget to upgrade all packages, does this include stuff I installed via makepkg + pacman before using aurget?

Thanks again for the recommendation, this is exactly what I was after.
Spangwiches

Um, not sure, but ...

Postby Farcry » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:51 am

Spangwiches wrote:One thing I'm not clear on - when I use aurget to upgrade all packages, does this include stuff I installed via makepkg + pacman before using aurget?

Good question, and I'm not sure about the answer. Must say I never do global updates of AUR packages myself. However, I've had a quick browse of the aurget script and in the upgrade() function, it looks as though it tries to upgrade all packages manually installed via 'pacman -U'. (The while loop there is fed from the ouput of the command 'pacman -Qm').
This might help a bit.
Farcry

Postby Spangwiches » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:53 am

Ahh, thank you. I should've just had a look there :D

I assumed it would do something along those lines (though I kinda assumed it'd read from whatever database pacman keeps rather than going through pacman) but just wanted to be sure.

Thanks!
Spangwiches

Previous

Return to Discussion