Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dyndns.org not found

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leke
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: dyndns.org not found Reply with quote

I didn't post this in help because I'm not sure if it's Linux related or not -- I thought you might have some ideas about what it could be.

My friend has a one of those media servers at home and has registered it with dyndns.org
He says he can access it with the web browser at hisname.dyndns.org on his side, but when I enter it, I get server not found. What makes it more puzzling, is I can access the media server's web client when I enter its IP address.

Anyone know why this could be?
bobthebob1234
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Log into dyndns, check when the ip was last updated and if the ip is correct. If it is correct and updated recently then it is a problem your end. If the ip is wrong then there is a problem his end and his dns server has probably cached the old ip or local ip, or something like that
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: